Here are some facts on the Keystone XL pipeline
- 20,000 new U.S. jobs during the project’s construction.
- 100,000 U.S. jobs by 2035 from Canadian oil sands development, linked to the Keystone XL
- The oil coming down could displace ALL oil from Venezuela a county that has been seen as tumultuous with the United States.
- Trade – 90 cents of every dollar spent on Canadian oil is returned to the U.S. in the form of U.S. goods and services purchased by Canadians.
- Environment – the project has cleared three separate comprehensive environmental reviews by the State Department.
- Refining – Canadian crude will be processed at U.S. refineries, which are some of the cleanest, most efficient facilities in the world and have invested billions to be able to process heavier crudes such as those coming from Canada.
Its time to approve the keystone XL pipeline.